HANS CHRISTIAN GODSKESEN TRUE: curriculum [ Hans True's web site ]
Born: June 8, 1936, in Copenhagen, Denmark (Danish citizen).
- 1954: Graduated from High School.
- 1954-1960: Student at The Technical University of Denmark.
- 1960: Graduation, Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Main subject: Solid Mechanics, Minors: Fluid Mechanics and Metallurgy
- Thesis: Asymmetrical Bending of a Construction Consisting
of Two Cylindrical Shells Connected by a Conical Shell.
- 1960-1961: Research Assistant at the Department of Solid Mechanics
Prof. F. Niordson, Ph.D., Technical University of Denmark.
- 1961-1964: Ph.D- Student at the Department of Fluid Mechanics,
Technical University of Denmark.
- 1961-1964: Guest at the Institute of Applied Mathematics, University of Freiburg, W. Germany, Prof. H. Görtler.
- 1964: Graduation Ph.D.Thesis: The Instability of a Flow Heated from Below to Longitudinal Vortices.
- 1964-1967: Fulbright Fellow
- 1964-1965: Visiting Lecturer, Department of Applied Sciences, Yale University.
- 1965 summer: Participant in the summer seminar at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- 1965-1967: Special Student, Teaching Fellow, Department of Applied Physics, Harvard University.
- 1967-1969 Assistant Professor at the Laboratory for Applied
Mathematical Physics, Techn. Univ. of Denmark.
- 1969-1994: Associate Professor -- same place.
- 1970 and 1971: Alexander von Humboldt Fellow. Guest at the Institute of Applied Mathematics, University of Freiburg, W. Germany (both years from 1/1 to 5/31).
- 1974-75: Guest at the Department of Meteorology, The Pennsylvania State University and at the Department of Applied Mathematics, California Institute of Technology under joint NSF and NATO grants.
- 1985: Guest Professor at the Centre for Nonlinear Studies, Leeds University, England (2 months).
- 1987-88: Guest at the Department of Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics, Northwestern University and Department of Mechanical Engineering, Clemson University.
- 1986-1992: Part time Railway journalist for the Danish weekly "Ingeniøren".
- 1989: Awarded the Anniversary Medal of Cracow Mining
- 1993-1996: Half time employed at ES-Consult, half time at
The Technical University of Denmark.
- 1993-1996: Member of the "Group of Specialists" to follow-up the construction of the s-train sets for the Copenhagen network
- 1994-2003: Associate Professor at The Department of Mathematical Modelling, The Technical University of Denmark.
- 1995- Elected Trustee of "The International Association of Vehicle Systems Dynamics" (IAVSD).
- 1995-2003 Special Referee for "The German Research Foundation" (Sondergutachter der DFG für das Schwerpunktprogramm "Systemdynamik und Langzeitverhalten von Fahrwerk, Gleis und Untergrund").
- 1997-98 Half time employed by The Danish National Railway Agency as Senior Specialist, half time by The Technical University of Denmark.
- 1998- Member of various scientific committees
- 1999 Chairman of 3rd European Nonlinear Oscillations Conference
Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, August 8-12
- 1999-03 2nd Vice President of IAVSD
- 2001 Chairman of 17th IAVSD symposium, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, August 20-24
- 2001 Awarded the Golden Anniversary Medal of the Saint Petersburg Railway
- 2003- President of IAVSD.
- 2003 Chairman of the 11th Nordic Seminar in Railway Technology.
- 2011- Professor at The Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, P.R. China.
- 1978- Teacher of courses on "Railways" at "The Copenhagen
Municipal Evening School".
- Member of the Editorial Board: Archive Applied Mechanics, Vehicle System Dynamics, International Journal of Rail Transportation.
- Danish Fluent
- Swedish Fluent
- English Fluent
- German Fluent
- French reading Good; speaking Medium