The optimisation of the relationship man - knowledge - IT is a key to growth for Danish companies in the global innovation and productivity competition. If one is to understand the role of IT in Danish society and especially in Danish companies, it is essential to view IT as more than "computers and software": IT is always a factor in the intricate net of machine, man and market.
The DTU Informatics Graduate School ITMAN is a co-operation between DTU Informatics and public as well as private companies. The private companies finance several ITMAN PhD scholarships in part:
ITMAN – An International Research Environment
The idea behind the DTU Informatics Graduate School ITMAN is to strengthen research education through taking advantage of the interdisciplinary research environment of mathematical modelling and information technology. ITMAN is aiming at building up an international quality research school and strives to improve research education through:
- An up-to-date, useful and relevant series of courses, offering both highly specialized courses as well as more generalized courses
- A seminar series giving insight into non-technical sides of general research methodological qualifications
- Supervisor education for PhD supervisors
- International guest professors, speakers and students to present new research and results
- The ITMAN spirit – uniting both professional and social activities in a vibrant environment
The DTU Informatics Graduate School ITMAN started up July 1, 2005 by a grant from the Danish Agency for Science Technology and Innovation. From January 1, 2011 DTU Informatics is financing the graduate school.