General course objectives:
The aim is to strengthen student's skill in logic programming and further to introduce to notions and techniques for computer processing of natural language based on logical methods.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- apply recursive logic progr. techniques
- describe natural language fragments by means of grammars
- develop and apply definite clause grammars for machine processing of language
- translate simple subsets of natural language into predicate logic
- explain basic principles in Montague semantics for natural language
- translate simple natural language queries into logical database queries
- explain principles of ontological semantics for natural language phrases
- explain how to compute database queries as Datalog logic programs
- implement inference procedures for language and ontology processing in logic programs
Logic programming with recursion forms. Definite clause grammars.
Grammars for natural language fragments. Logical semantics for natural language.
Translation of natural language into logic. Computation of database queries.
Software systems processing natural language.
Material: Compendium of material from scientific literature;
supplementary material from Wikipedia
Green challenge participation:
Please contact the teacher for information on whether this course gives the student the opportunity to prepare a project that may participate in DTU´s Study Conference on sustainability, climate technology, and the environment (GRØN DYST). More information
|, 305, 015, (+45) 4525 3730,
|02 Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modeling|
Registration Sign up:
|Logical languages and concepts, Natural language processing, Logic programming, Prolog.|