The purpose of the teaching at DTU Informatics is
- by means of service courses, to meet the requirements of all technical subjects offered at the Technical University of Denmark,
- to educate BSc and MSc engineers who choose to carry out their thesis work within the department curricula,
- to educate researchers at a PhD level,
- to offer post-graduate courses for engineers,
- to offer an international MSc education.
The aim of the teaching is to actively involve the students and to inspire them to work independently at a highly professional level. High-quality and up-to-date teaching is offered. In other words, teaching is given at a scientific level.
The PhD candidates receive scientific training, and they develop in such a way that they are recognised nationally as well as internationally. The PhD projects are often aimed at industry. However, the main purpose is always to develop new scientific knowledge.
J. Andreas Bærentzen